How to buy and what to know about fresh and good quality strawberries for your good health.
- Ripe and fresh strawberries is deep, bright red in color. *
- Sweet candy smell – fresh strawberries are fruity sweet and fragrant.
- Free from dirt or free from any type of foreign particles.
- Enticing appearance and crisp, firm when you touch.
Storage tip: Refrigerate wrapped or sealed and unwashed .
The benefits you get from eating strawberries
- Strawberries are rich in antioxidants – rich in antioxidants with vitamins A and C known to help improve skin properties, lessens wrinkles and discoloration and boost skin elasticity.
- Vitamin C found in strawberries helps promote collagen synthesis, photo-protection from ultraviolet A and B .
- Strawberries’ antioxidants help boosts healthy brain: protects our brain from aging.
- Strawberries help detoxify our body – strawberries are known to contain vital antioxidants that help restore, neutralize and eliminate toxins in the human body, including excessive free radical damage, inflammation and digestive conditions. *Help restore damaged digestive system from too much sugar, refined fats, artificial ingredients and toxins of which are all hard on the human’s digestive system.
- Help promote healthy pregnancy – consumption of strawberries during pregnancy helps prevent certain birth defects like spina bifida and anemia. * Strawberries are a great source of folate for future motherhood, just a cup a day. *What is Folate or vitamin B or folic acid good for – helps tissue growth, proper cells function and a vitamin needed for a healthy pregnancy!