One of our Organ, the skin is loaded with things to do in order to serve us:-
Let’s identify normal skin from skin disorders by definitions below:
- An Inflamed skin – skin is red, hot and swollen
- An Infected skin – skin is red, hot and swollen with signs of pus formation.
- A Broken skin – when the epidermis is cut; torn and skin’s deep layers is exposed
- A Skin Lesion – a structural change in the skin’s tissue caused by disease or injuries. It has many forms like the following:-
- An ulcer – an open lesion on the skin accompanied by pus.
- A scar – a light-colored skin mark formed after an injury.
- Scales – a build-up of dead skin cells that is dry and flaky on the surface of the skin.
- Fissure – a crack in the skin that penetrates the dermis, Example a chapped lips or hands
- Bulla – a skin blister containing a watery fluid.
- Crust or a scab – an accumulation of dried blood, serum, pus, plus epidermal flakes that happens in the healing period of most lesions.
- A Cyst – a semisolid or fluid lump found above and below the skin’s surface.
- A Macule – small, circular and flat skin formations examples – freckles and flat moles.
- Pustule – a small lump on the skin with an inflamed base and head containing pus.
- Tumor – hard and solid abnormal cell mass with distinct edges, deep-rooted, varies in shape, color and size. An example of small tumors are skin nodules.
- An Ulcer – it is an open lesion on the skin or mucous membrane of the body accompanied by pus and loss of skin depth.
- Hives or Wheals – swollen; raised surface on the skin which is itchy and last for sometime. It maybe an insect bites or caused by an allergic reactions.
- A Vesicle – a blister containing clear fluid.
- A Tuburcule – a solid lump and varies in size from pea to a hickory nut.
- A Papule – Colored red, brown or pink. A raised area on the skin surface with a solid center that can be felt.
Awareness on Healthy Skin and identifying Skin Disorders can be great to us. Hope you do agree with me.
Thanks for the source
goingfabulous signing off