No Bake Banana Split Cheese Cake
Serves: 14 to 16 people
For the Crust
- 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, melted
Cheesecake Layer Ingredients
- 12 ounces of cream cheese, at room temperature (1 and 1/2 packages)
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 3 and 1/2 cups of whipping cream (35%); chilled
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
Fruit Topping Ingredients
- 3 to 4 ripe bananas; sliced
- 1-15 ounce can of crushed pineapple, drained well
- 2 cups of sliced strawberries
- chopped salted peanuts
- chocolate syrup
- maraschino cherries
- colored sprinkles
1. In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter mix until the crumbs are even and moist.
*** In a 13 x 9 inch baking pan, pour the crumbs and press evenly as layer.
*** Refrigerate the pan while you prepare the next layer.
2. In a stand mixer (or with a handheld mixture) whip all 3 and 1/2 cups of whipping cream & 1 tablespoon of sugar until you have a light mixture that forms soft peaks. Place in the fridge.
3. In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract on medium speed until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes). Using a rubber spatula, fold in 2/3 of the chilled whipped cream until it is thoroughly combined. Spread the cheesecake mixture on top of the graham cracker crust.
4. Arrange the banana slices in a single layer on top of the cheesecake filling then top with an even layer of the crushed pineapple. Finish by adding a layer of sliced strawberries.
5. Cover the fruit layer with the remainder of the sweetened whipped cream. Allow the topping to be nice and fluffy to add some dimension to the cake.
6. Drizzle chocolate sauce over top the whipped cream topping. Sprinkle on chopped salted peanuts and coloured sprinkles. Arrange maraschino cherries a top the cake.
7. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving
Thank you Jane for sharing this recipe.
With thanks and much love,