What’s your favorite vegetable or fruit? Have you been friendly with watermelon?
You got to be kidding if you are not:-) Watermelon especially the deep red variety is now the king of lycopene, am I right?
My hubby and I love watermelons and watermelon is our top one vegetable or fruit and juice at home. We happen to love its tasty quenching properties. The best thing is:-) watermelon is another so-called super-food because its packed with nutritious goodies plus lots of fabulous health benefits. Isn’t it amazing!
Please read the following tips from:
” Watermelon Nutrition Facts:
- Excellent source of vitamin C.
- Very good source of vitamin A.
- Good source of potassium and magnesium.
- Small amounts of most of the B vitamins.
- Trace amounts of vitamin K and pantothenic acid.
- Lots of trace amount minerals (copper, iron, manganese, selenium and zinc)
- Over 6888 mcg of lycopene.
- Supplies 2 percent of daily fiber needs.
- Only 45 calories per cup, so it is an ideal diet food.
- Fat free. Well, almost: 1 cup of diced watermelon has .23 grams of fat.
- Only .02 grams of saturated fat in 1 cup of diced watermelon.
- No cholesterol, caffeine or alcohol (I find it funny that this info is included in the breakdown).
- Low sodium: 1.52 mg in 1 cup of diced watermelon.
- There is even 1 gram of protein in 1 cup of diced watermelon.”
and from http://www.organicfacts.net
Health Benefits of Water Melon
and others” … WOW!
For your profound knowledge on watermelon, please go to the above listed health sites for complete information. Great reward!
P.S. Choose seeded bright red or deep red watermelon when buying the vegetable.
goingfabulous signing off with thanks for the info; tips